Helping student Show they are ready to manage projects
Help them earn it. See them share it.
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Pathway to certification success
Increase confidence towards certification exams
To affirm your expertise in PMI
PMI Project Management Institute
Project Management Institute® (PMI) is the world’s leading association for those who consider project, program or portfolio management their profession. Through global advocacy, collaboration, education and research, they work to prepare more than three million professionals around the world for The Project Economy: the coming economy in which work, and individuals, are organized around projects.
The PMI Project Management Ready™ certification is a way for students to immerse themselves in the project management industry and connect with this passionate
community of professionals.
The PMI Project Management Ready certification will introduce and familiarize students to the concepts and field of project management, and the tools to apply this
knowledge to a wide range of career paths. It fills the need for an industry-recognized certification that allows career and technical education institutions to add value to
their programs across career clusters.
Candidates for this certification will be expected to have key conceptual knowledge and principles of project management through at least 150 hours of instruction.
PMI Project Management certification
The PMI Project Management Ready™ certification is a new way for students to immerse themselves in the project management industry and get involved with this passionate community of professionals. This is an entry level certification that does not require any prior work experience in project management and/or may not have the minimal educational hours needed to take the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam.
The certification covers four key topics:
- Project Management Fundamentals and Core Concepts
- Business Analysis Framework
- Traditional Plan-Based Methodologies
- Agile Methodologies
PMI Project Management Ready can give students exposure to the concepts and field of project management, and the tools to apply this knowledge to a wide range of career paths.
What are the benefits of certifying?
- Everyone completes projects and can benefit from project management skills. This new certification allows educators to engage with students interested in project management.
- Earning a professional credential gives students a competitive edge as it demonstrates their knowledge and competencies.
- Earning a credential prior to graduation also gives students this competitive edge as they pursue additional education, internship opportunities, the military, or employment.
PMI Project Management Ready fills the need for an industry-recognized certification that allows career and technical education institutions to add value to their programs.
What is included in the certification exam?
The exam tests the candidate’s knowledge on:
- Fundamental Core Concepts of Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Traditional Project Management Methodology
- Agile Project Management Methodology
For more detailed information on what is included in the exam, please review the exam objectives.